19.12.11

One More Final to Go...

...and then it's home for the holidays! I can't wait. It will be great to see family and old friends again and actually have a real kitchen to bake in!


In the meantime I'll cram for my history final while I cram my face with cinnamon sugar rolls.

My boss at the pizza restaurant I waitress at is a perfectionist about the consistency of his pizza dough and usually ends up throwing a bunch away at the end of the night. I hate to see decent food wasted, so yesterday I offered to take some home and see what I could do with it!

You absolutely cannot go wrong with dipping something in butter, sugar and cinnamon. I melted some earth balance, rolled the dough balls in cinnamon sugar and baked them at 350ยบ for about 20 minutes or until the tops turned golden brown. Then I decided that this was the perfect opportunity to whip out the last of my leftover cream cheese frosting. Thanks to these babies, my friends and I had a very productive and very delicious study session.


Sorry for the mediocre lighting in these, we made and ate them all between 10pm and 1am.


This is me once I'm all done, wearing my super awesome "vegan" shirt:

Wish me luck!



3 comments:

  1. Maybe your boss will start offering these cinnamon rolls at Magpie? They look delicious-- the perfect late night studying snack. Love the vegan t-shirt, even backwards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Although if Magpie started selling these they probably wouldn't be vegan, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great food recycling program you've come up with! Talk about tasty looking trash! Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete