24.11.11

Happy T(of)urkey Day!



See what I did in the title there? Tofurkey? Hah. This is my first completely vegan thanksgiving! My house smells wonderful right now- onions and garlic, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, and sweet potatoes. Because I am now the official baker in the family, I have been put on pie duty. Tomorrow I'll post all the recipes and tell you about the whole delicious dinner, but here's a sneak preview while we prep everything...



All ready to go in the oven!


Onions and garlic and peppers for the vegan meatloaf.



Oops... I already had my first baking mishap. See that sugar above? Yeah, that's supposed to be caramel sauce for my pecan pie. I think I just let it boil too much. Luckily it worked the second time I tried!


Mmm caramel. Problem solved. 

How is YOUR thanksgiving experience going? 
Check back for recipes tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment