31.8.11

Pizza and My Crazy College Life



This week is insane. I expected to have a nice, relaxing week on campus before classes began, but nope. The craziness started the minute I got here. I work for my college's independent online newspaper- Fearless and Loathing- as the multimedia editor, so I've been busy with those responsibilities like recruiting freshman and taking pictures. Then there's always trying to catch up with friends I haven't seen all summer... and on top of THAT I am a waitress at this really great family-owned artisan pizza restraunt, Magpie Pizza. Everyone there makes fun of the fact that I'm vegan and yet I work in a place where everything is slathered with meat and cheese. Despite this, my managers know how to make a pretty great vegan pizza when I get hungry.



This one had tomato sauce, mushrooms, black bean and corn salsa, spinach, roasted red pepper, black olives, green pepper, and some of our house-made hot sauce. Yummy. Whoever says vegans can't enjoy pizza too is crazy. I'm excited though, because one of my managers saw this very blog, and now wants to train me to make salads (maybe even pizzas eventually too) as well as waitress! It would be awesome to get some real kitchen experience under my belt.

Anyway. My goal for this blog eventually is to post something new every other day... but forgive me if that doesn't quite happen for the next week. I promise that once I have more time (and money for groceries) I will have some fabulous new recipes for you all. I have a couple that I've been meaning to post... but my cookbooks are all in boxes that are currently being shipped to me, so those will have to wait a few days.

In the meantime.... who else goes to a liberal arts school? Does this video remind you of anyone you know? Hah, it sure does for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment